Saturday, August 30, 2008

honesty.

I struggle, attept for percection,
In explaining these glaring defections.
You see someone other than me,
You see confident, assured; worthy.
I long for you to have Christs eyes,
and not be fooled by my careful disguise.
For you must know, you must grasp,
That there are darker sides under the last.
I am selfish, and calculating, and hopeless,
I am unremarkable and homeless.
My heart has been broken and scarred,
A shadow of a daughter; marred.
I am a maze and a puzzle, inside,
My pieces scattered and hidden wide.
Please, hear my words; see,
I am not who I pretend to be.
There is hope in the end, and light,
But the path is filled with danger, and plight.
I would have you understand, and keep,
So you don't find yourself believing too deep,
In a girl who can fake perfection,
While hiding her darkest defections.

No comments: