Run, to you,
I will run, I will run.
I will move right on through,
All the things that I have done.
And you'll take me back...
I don't know why.
I'd like to say I'll never do it again,
But I can't,
But I'll try.
-The Rocket Summer
Everyday I seem to feel more like a little girl. The older I get, the more "mature" I become, and the more I learn about my King, the more words like "delight" and "joy" and "dancing" come to mind. Every time I listen to this song I have this mental picture of a little girl in a white dress and bare feet, running full speed through a forest toward her delight, toward her beloved.
I never really bought into the idea of being "in love" with God. I always thought that was kind of weird, to be honest...until now. I have no other way to describe it other than being madly in love. I revel in His presence and I am constantly yearning and hoping for more. I've been reading and journaling three times a day, not because I want to be a "good christian" but because it's so necessary - I'm so desperate for Him. Time away from my God is painful, it's dreary and dull and hopeless. I feel like I'm constantly running back to Him, running back to the place I can laugh and play and twirl, back to the place that I am myself. When I am close and sitting at his feet, I feel so full of love and joy and peace; I feel so much like a little girl. Just as I am the wind and the wind is me, I am the flowers and the sparrows.
And so my anatomy grows....
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment