Step, hesitation, pause,
Go ahead, take the leap, then you're gone,
Where, when, which way,
Close your eyes, hold your breath, day by day.
Plan, be sure, chart the course,
Burn the page, kill the thought, live in force.
White knuckles, bright cheeks, fire eyes,
A world in which the winner dies.
Hearts stop, as muscles lock,
Fear brings destiny to mock,
and all the world below me lays,
my trembling hands I lift to praise,
the God that takes me down below,
to thrust me in the world I know,
and by His hand I live to die,
"Why this way?" my pained heart cries,
"For love, my love," the whisper breathes,
and through the broken lives, I see,
the hope, the wind, the morning light,
again I try to shake the fright,
I will myself to take the step,
to welcome in the inner death.
But step, hesitation, pause,
Go ahead, take the leap, then you're gone,
Where, when, which way,
Close your eyes, hold your breath, day by day.
Plan, be sure, chart the course,
Burn the page, kill the thought, live in force.
White knuckles, bright cheeks, fire eyes,
A world in which the winner dies.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment