You calm the storms, and you give me rest.
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
You steal my heart, and you take my breath away.
Would you take me in? Take me deeper now?
-Lifehouse
I breathe in and it's the wind in my veins, it's the sky in my eyes. I hear You, your whispers, and I reach to you. I reach until my heart touches Yours, until my thoughts become mingled with your Glory. You say that we can do this, that we can go together and that you will care more deeply for me and my heart than I could have imagined, and I believe you. I believe that I can leave everything behind, I believe I can tear myself away from everything I counted of importance. I breathe in the wind, and I am free.
But then I breathe in a different essence, and I am brought crashing back to the world I had momentarily let go of. Our eyes connect, briefly, but I know he's read the surprise in them. We murmur greetings as he moves to take his place, apparently unaware of the race my heart is suddenly running. I hate that race, and everyday I try to stop. I shake my head ever so slightly as I shut my eyes, trying to forget the beauty in his. He passes and my head unwillingly spins, my breath catching. I hate those shallow breaths. Without my permission my mind betrays me, seeing him helping the old man without a home into a chair, seeing him pick up the little girl, seeing him raise his voice and his hands to Your Glory. I remember the look in his eyes when he looks into mine, and I cry out to You. Always, always I will follow You. Always I will be Yours. But I need your help, my King; steal my heart back from these new hands, and set me free.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment